Iran Removes Two French Diplomats Over Alleged ‘Illegal Activities’

Iran Removes Two French Diplomats Over Alleged ‘Illegal Activities’
Iran’s Foreign Ministry has declared two French diplomats working at the French Embassy in Tehran persona non grata over activities it says violated international law and the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
In a statement issued Tuesday night, Iran’s Foreign Ministry said the two French officials had been involved in activities that were considered contrary to international law and diplomatic rules.
The ministry said several weeks had passed since the alleged violations were uncovered, but France had not taken steps to address the issue or provide assurances that similar activities would not happen again.
“Therefore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recognizes these two officials as persona non grata, and their entry into Iran will henceforth be prohibited,” the statement said.
The decision follows an incident in July 2026, when two French diplomats were briefly detained in Tehran after being found at a meeting connected to a security investigation.
France accused Iranian security forces of mistreating the diplomats. Iran rejected the allegations and said the two officials had been questioned over “unconventional” conduct.
Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence said the two French officials had “extensive records of violations and conduct contrary to domestic laws and diplomatic obligations.”
According to the ministry, their identities were later confirmed and the case was reported to the Foreign Ministry. The diplomats were then handed over to Iran’s ambassador to France in the presence of diplomatic police.
Iran also accused France of launching a media campaign to shift attention away from the alleged violations.
The ministry said an initial examination of documents found at the location pointed to a project involving foreign infiltration and interference.
On Monday, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Iranian authorities expected French officials to apologize over the incident.
Baghaei said French officials had acknowledged that the two individuals were not diplomats but agents.
“This itself is an admission that the Vienna Convention was violated,” Baghaei said.
Iran’s latest decision means the two individuals will not be allowed to enter the country in the future.
Catch all the World News, Breaking News Event and Trending News Updates on GTV News
Join Our Whatsapp Channel GTV Whatsapp Official Channel to get the Daily News Update & Follow us on Google News.










