Mohsin Naqvi elected unopposed as new PCB chairman
Caretaker Punjab Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi has been elected unopposed as the new chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), GTV reported on Tuesday.
The appointment was made after the board of governors meeting at the National Cricket Academy Lahore on Tuesday,
Naqvi will be at the chair for three years.
Naqvi’s candidacy was put forward by the Patron PCB, caretaker Prime Minister Anwarul Haq Kakar, alongside Mustafa Ramdey, for the Board of Governors established under the 2014 constitution.
Following Ramiz Raja’s departure, the Pakistan Cricket Board’s operations were overseen by management committees led by Najam Sethi and Zaka Ashraf. Upon assuming the role of Pakistan Cricket Board head, Mohsin Naqvi will deal with a series of crucial decisions aimed at enhancing the Pakistan Super League and bolstering the national team.
Addressing the BoG following his election, Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi said, “I am deeply honoured and humbled to have been unanimously elected as the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board. I am thankful for the trust and confidence reposed in me.
“I am fully committed to upgrading the standard of the game in the country and bringing professionalism in the administration of cricket in Pakistan.”
The Board of Governors, who attended the special meeting, is listed as below:
- Mr Mustafa Ramday (PCB Patron’s nominee)
- Mr Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi (PCB Patron’s nominee)
- Mr Sajjad Ali Khokhar, President Regional Cricket Association AJK
- Mr Zafarullah Jadgal, President Regional Cricket Association Dera Murad Jamali
- Mr Tanveer Ahmed, President Regional Cricket Association Larkana
- Mr Tariq Sarwar, President Regional Cricket Association Bahawalpur
- Mr Muhammad Ismail Qureshi, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited
- Dr Anwaar Ahmad Khan, Ghani Glass Limited
- Mr Javed Iqbal, State Bank of Pakistan
- Mr Osama Azhar, Pakistan Television
- Nadeem Irshad Kayani, Secretary to the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination (Non-voting member)