Karly Rae Accused of Grooming Teen Released on Bail Due to Health Risks

Special education teacher Karly Rae (pictured) has denied having sex with a 15-year-old boy
A former special education teacher, Karly Rae, has been granted bail on Friday, June 6, 2025, by the NSW Supreme Court. She is accused of grooming and having inappropriate contact with a 15-year-old student. The judge approved her release due to her high-risk pregnancy.
Karly Rae was first arrested in October 2024 at her home in Merewether, located in the Hunter region of New South Wales. Authorities said she had an unlawful connection with the teenager from her school.
Court documents reveal the alleged incident happened between 6 PM on October 4 and 12:30 PM on October 5, 2024.
Bail Granted Despite Earlier Breach
Rae had received bail earlier, but it was canceled three months later. This happened after she was accused of contacting the teenager five times in two hours on January 14, 2025, asking him to give a false version of events.
This breached a court order meant to protect the teen. She was taken back into custody and has spent four months in jail.
During the hearing, Justice Dhanji said her pregnancy made the case different. Rae is 23 weeks pregnant and is expected to give birth in September 2025. The court heard that her pregnancy is complicated due to gestational diabetes and a history of miscarriage.
She was seen crying during the video court session.
Strict Bail Conditions Applied
Justice Dhanji said Rae is no longer allowed to work as a teacher. He believes it is unlikely she would repeat such actions.
Rae was given strict bail conditions, including:
Home detention
No use of social media
Must report to Toronto Police Station three times a week
Cannot contact the victim
No work around children
Random checks
At least 14 conditions have been listed to ensure public safety.
Charges and Legal Status
Rae appeared earlier this week in Newcastle Magistrates Court. She pleaded not guilty to the following charges:
Grooming a child for unlawful acts
Possession of child abuse material
Acting to change the outcome of a legal case
Violating a court protection order
Some charges, like inappropriate connection with a child aged 14–16 and creating illegal content, have been dropped.
Her case is moving to the District Court, and she will be formally charged in July 2025.
Catch all the Trending News, Breaking News Event and Trending News Updates on GTV News
Join Our Whatsapp Channel GTV Whatsapp Official Channel to get the Daily News Update & Follow us on Google News.









